In 1871, he was Opposition by tender of the Section of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine of Bahia. From 1881 to 1883, assumed the chair of the History of Medicine and Hygiene, succeeding Dominic Rodrigues Seixas.
Acting Professor of Physiology, Therapy and Hygiene.
He was an early syphilology Brazil.
Besides competent doctor and renowned teacher, was a poet and writer.
Of his own is the Historical Memory of the Faculty of Medicine, referring to 1881 as well as:
1. Slight considerations about the main theories syphilology, published in the Gazette Meddick Bahia, vol. 1, 1866-1867.
2. The human races came from one source? - PhD thesis, Bahia, 1868.
3. Liver functions. Thesis Opposition to contest the Section of Medical Sciences. Bahia, 1871.
Quoting from the obituary published by the Gazeta Médica da Bahia, says that Professor Sá Menezes. Claudemiro Caldas "in teaching always won the admiration of his disciples by the flicker of an intelligence served by a prime word easy, and always adorned and attractive. "
1. Blake, Augusto Alves Vitorino Sacramento. Brazilian Bibliographical Dictionary. Rio de Janeiro: Imprensa Nacional, 1893. 2V.
2. Sá Oliveira, Eduardo - Historical Memory, Faculty of Medicine, concerning the year 1942. Salvador, 1992.